September Service Hours: 0 hours
Cumulative Semester Service Hours: 0 hours
The month of September I mainly focused on getting acclimated to this master’s program. Starting a new program has been an adjustment, especially because the material moves quickly and requires a lot of studying outside of class. I have been learning how to manage my time, keep up with lectures, and prepare for exams while also making sure I understand the material. I feel like I am becoming more comfortable with the expectations of the program as the month has gone on.
So far, my favorite module has been Infectious Disease and Cell Biology. I really enjoyed learning about antibiotics, antivirals, and antifungals and how these different medications work to treat infections. I found it interesting to learn how different drugs target specific parts of microorganisms while also considering how resistance can develop.
This month, I also completed two group presentations based on scientific articles. One presentation focused on the antiarrhythmic effects of flecainide in a mouse model of catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT), while the other focused on alemtuzumab in kidney transplant recipients. I feel that working on these presentations has helped me become more comfortable with reading and comprehending scientific literature, which is an important skill that I will continue to use throughout the program.
Comments
Post a Comment